Hello Glennwood Families,
On behalf of the Glennwood PTA, welcome! We are planning on a great school year for the entire Glennwood community, a year full of fun new possibilities and the continuation of our favorite traditions.
The 2018-19 Glennwood PTA Board looks forward to working with our new Principal, Dr. Kristi Beam, as well as the teachers, students and you, the parents, in new, creative ways. We will use the funds we raise together to benefit the school throughout the year. We believe that the best way to enhance the educational experience for all of our students is to put our energy into supporting:
· Expeditionary Learning (funding field trips and visiting educators), including our Farm to School Program through the Wylde Center programming and other learning experiences for our children.
· Teacher/classroom/school needs that arise but are not in other budgets
· Professional learning and Grant opportunities for Glennwood staff members
· Enhancements to the school environment to increase learning and playing
· Assistance to any child or family in financial need
· And, of course, family fun events to encourage connection with our school community!
Where do you fit within the PTA? Find an event or fundraiser you are interested in and volunteer with us. See details on the volunteer tab here on the PTA website. We work with our teachers and students by organizing creative fundraisers and fun community events throughout the year and you can too. We look forward to meeting you, and working side by side, to personify our school motto: “Where Learning Takes Flight.”
Do you have ideas for us? Share your ideas with us and join us in volunteering! We encourage new ideas and would love your help as we work to better our school! Feel free to contact me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s the first chance for us to meet the board? Come to the Meet & Greet (4 to 5pm) and Popsicle Party (5 to 6pm) on Tuesday, July 31st. Additionally, join us for “Cheers n’ Tears” (coffee and treats) in front of Glennwood from 8-8:45 on of the first day of school, August 1st!
Please support us on social media as well and “Like” the Glennwood PTA Facebook page and check back here on our website - www.GlennwoodPTA.org to get the most up-to-date information. On this website you can also join the PTA, pay your dues, sign up to volunteer and much more!
See you soon!
-Your Glennwood PTA 2018-2019 Board
Sarah Jones Laurie Slack Lori Garrett Haley Stevens
Co-President Co-President Co-Vice President Co-Vice President
Aichuan Kwong Claudia Poolson Kirsten Vinicor Cristina Stevenson
Treasurer Depositer Secretary, Spirit Wear Secretary, Media