Glennwood students thank the entire Glennwood Elementary community for supporting their school activities, teacher needs, family engagement events and fundraisers via the PTA. As the PTA wraps up the year, we want to share some highlights of your PTA dollars in action.
Income / Fundraising
- Fall Carnival $18,000
- Read-A-Thon $ 7,000
- Passive Fundraising (ongoing) $ 2,000
- Membership dues and direct donations $ 1,000
PTA supported projects
Glennwood Garden: We added a new teaching garden which has been invaluable to gardening teachers. We also fund Farm2School via Wylde Center and pay for teachers, garden supplies (mulch, soil, seeds, etc.) and the tastings that happen throughout year.
- Playground Updates: We continued the work of updating the playground and play space and addressed some drainage issues. We removed some dangerous playground equipment (ie wrecking balls) and replaced them with hanging bars. We also added a professional soccer net. And let’s not forget the goats!
- Faculty Appreciation: For our amazing teachers and school staff, the PTA provided cash gifts to offset personal spending on classroom supplies and teaching tools. We also contributed money for field trips and EL projects (ie: ZooMobile, Rock Tumbling, Botanical Gardens) for each grade based on teachers needs. Additionally we support a teacher thank-you lunch over the summer and a teacher’s night out.
- School Social and Spirit Events: The PTA supported school-wide social events and spirit activities designed to bring students, teachers, and parents together to share and build our school community culture. Events include:
- Glennwood Spirit Wear
- Pizza & Pythons
- Ice Cream Social
- Parent Coffee’s
- Family Reading Night
- Cuentos y Cåfe
- Burrito Night
- Popsicle Party
- Spirit Week
- Flash Mob (shared with Clairemont)
- Third Grade Picnic
- Lantern parade